Tuesday, January 11, 2011

fried food, wine, & 2 a.m. snow angels

On Sunday, after a relaxing & productive weekend, Char invited me out to the fried food party at Jamie's shop.  Due to the crazy South Dakotan snow/wind, I turned around on my way there because my little car couldn't make it through the snowy side streets.  Char (& a 2nd grader who was at the party too!) jumped in Jamie's pick up and came to get me.  


Jamie fried up some delicious mozzarella sticks, potato chips, and onion petals.  He also made mushrooms, some sort of deer, and "balls."  Needless to say, I did not eat any of the last 3 options, but, the first 3 were great!  ;)

There were quite a few people at the party - many I didn't know, and some I did.  Shortly after 6:00 p.m. we found out that school had been cancelled - YIPPIE!  So, we chatted with people, drank some delicious wine & am-cokes, and eventually played some 5 point Pitch.  I ended up winning $10!  



Finally, at around 2 a.m. (hey, might as well live it up if we don't have school the next day!!), Char & Jamie drove me back home.  We decided, since I hadn't shoveled my sidewalks and the snow was perfectly even, light, and sparkly, to make snow angels.


perfect angels!

look at how snowy we got!

we're a fun bunch!



1 comment: